Wayne Pal Football
Check out our Flex Program for Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
SAFETY & EDUCATION …
- Program adoption of Heads Up Football program supported through USA Football and the NFL which focuses on player safety through five primary elements:
- Heads Up TacklingSM – USA Football’s Heads Up Tackling technique, endorsed by medical and football experts, teaches players to keep their heads up and out of the line of contact.
- Coach certification – All coaches complete USA Football’s Level 1 Coaching Certification course.
- Concussion recognition and response – Coaches learn and are assessed on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concussion recognition and response protocols. Coaches, parents and players are taught concussion-related protocols at the start of the season and have them reinforced throughout the year.
- Player Safety Coach – Appointed by each participating Heads Up Football high school or youth program. This individual is trained by USA Football to implement Heads Up Football’s player safety protocols, including coaching certification, and conducts safety clinics for fellow coaches, parents and players.
- Equipment fitting – Coaches, parents and players are taught proper helmet and shoulder pad fitting.
- Age appropriate IMPACT baseline testing for players over 10 years old.
… and our Wolfpack Family …
- Events such as our Pep Rally, Senior Camp and Parent BBQ
We look forward to you learning more about our program and becoming part of the Wayne PAL Wolfpack Family!
A Proud Member of Heads Up Football