Wayne Pal Football
SAFETY & EDUCATION …
- In 2012, replaced all helmets with Xenith helmets known for their unique concussion prevention system.
- Program adoption of Heads Up Football program supported through USA Football and the NFL which focuses on player safety through five primary elements:
- Heads Up TacklingSM – USA Football’s Heads Up Tackling technique, endorsed by medical and football experts, teaches players to keep their heads up and out of the line of contact.
- Coach certification – All coaches complete USA Football’s Level 1 Coaching Certification course.
- Concussion recognition and response – Coaches learn and are assessed on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concussion recognition and response protocols. Coaches, parents and players are taught concussion-related protocols at the start of the season and have them reinforced throughout the year.
- Player Safety Coach – Appointed by each participating Heads Up Football high school or youth program. This individual is trained by USA Football to implement Heads Up Football’s player safety protocols, including coaching certification, and conducts safety clinics for fellow coaches, parents and players.
- Equipment fitting – Coaches, parents and players are taught proper helmet and shoulder pad fitting.
- Age appropriate IMPACT baseline testing for players over 10 years old.
… and our Wolfpack Family …
- Events such as our Pep Rally, Senior Camp and Parent BBQ
- Our Football Club room for on and off season gathering with friends equipped with 6 TVs, video games, pool table and ping pong for player down time and team meetings.
New Film Room stands adjacent to the recreation area set up for seating and instruction through overhead projection.
We look forward to you learning more about our program and becoming part of the Wayne PAL Wolfpack Family!
A Proud Member of Heads Up Football